Sunday, December 20, 2015

Honolulu Marathon 2015 Recap:


Honolulu Marathon 2015





Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. Willie Shoemaker


In no way does this photo belong to me - all credit given to MarathonPhoto



Well Willie, I believe your words to be truer than true. Desire does have much to do with the success of an athlete. Without desire, what else would there be?
Desire is a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment: for me running does exactly that!

I have learned to be comfortable with not always having to prove something to myself or to others. For me, Honolulu Marathon is about enjoyment. I made a commitment to myself not long ago, that no matter what the outcome of my performance would be, while participating in any Honolulu Marathon, I would enjoy myself. Whether I am capable of giving my fastest performance or my absolute slowest, I would cross the finish line knowing that I just got to run and for that alone I should be HAPPY. 

Well, this years Honolulu may not have been my fastest marathon, but it most definitely was NOT my slowest either. Rather than rambling on and on, I'll just give you my finishers time: 4:08:something. And I will leave you with this: I LOVE RUNNING AND HOPE I ALWAYS WILL........

Another year I was able to find my running partner Tonya near the porta-potties ans we even ran a mile together!

Last time I ran the Honolulu Marathon with my sister Bree Wee was in 2007... Nice to have her back on the course years later (faster than me of course, but just knowing she was there was enough)









- Happy Holidays to all of you -

Another year behind all of us.... What will we do with 2016?





















Just Breathe ~

Brooke Myers








 

No comments:

Post a Comment