Friday, November 4, 2016

Mizuno Wave Rider 20th Edition: My Review



34 Weeks Pregnant and still trying to keep up with what running I can.



WHOOT WHOOT!!! It's here. The New Mizuno Wave Rider 20th edition and I am happy to share my Review!




When it comes to running, a good pair of shoes is not just for showing off to all of your friends, it's a necessity. I'm not sure how I used to run months & months, which turned into years in the same pair of shoes back in the days, college days. The things you learn overtime or with age! The things you learn from other runners, experienced runners.

A good pair of shoes isn't always easy to come by either, but when you slip into that one pair that takes your breath away, you know it's a keeper. This is exactly what Mizuno Running Shoes have done for me over the past couple of years. I have come quite familiar with running in the Mizuno Wave Sayonara's and the  Mizuno Wave Rider's. BUT... The New Platinum 20 are by far one of my most supportive and most comfortable pair of running shoes I've yet to try.

And.................Just a to sidetrack for a moment, what do you think about the color? I'm digging the grey and pink color too! And they do have an awesome shade of blue if that's more your style. But anyways, you will have to check out the Mizuno Website to see all they have to offer.









For those of you who don't know me, let me tell you that I'm about 4 weeks from having my second baby. Being pregnant has put somewhat of a damper on my full time running and comfort of my feet, but with the New Wave Rider 20's redesigned technology & cloudwave coverage, this pair of shoes really does offer a smoother, softer ride....I've also noticed that this new edition to the Wave Rider provides more support, a little more snug to my ankle's and the foot as a overall whole. With every strike, I can feel an extra amount of cushion underneath my heel. It doesn't create too much cushion though, so don't worry about that. This shoe does not feel heavy. To my surprise, the amount of support this shoe has to offer, I would have thought it to feel more bulky & heavy, but it doesn't. It is in my opinion a great comfort shoe (especially being pregnant) and that's why I am looking forward to running longer miles in a pair. When Mizuno says the "New Wave Rider 20th edition is the smoothest, softest, most responsive Wave Rider yet," I would have to agree.

My feet were beginning to feel very tired and very sore from pregnancy (NOT THE SHOES), but as soon as I slipped into the Wave Rider 20th edition, it was almost instantly that - that tired and sore feeling went away. (They took me back to one of my longest training run days when I was out on the highway wearing the Mizuno Wave Rider's for a solid 35 miles that day and NO PAIN!)
This again proved to me how much I, as a runner, support Mizuno Running Shoes and they in return support their runners. I may be biased, but I truly love every pair of Mizuno's I have had. Why do you think I continue to wear them, buy multiple pairs at once? BECAUSE I TRUST THEM. Mizuno makes quality shoes that runners can count on for all kinds of training days. My running shoes take me all kinds of crazy places out here in Hawaii and they have not failed me yet. You would think the lava rock would eat these shoes up in a second, but it doesn't. I can across the lava and still maintain that smooth, comfortable feeling all because of the shoes that are protecting my soles.

I've done about a handful plus walk/runs in my New Wave Rider 20's since I received them to try out and review. I have not experienced any negative side effects. My feet, my ankles, my calves, my legs actually feel quite renewed and reinvigorated from the comfort and support I have received from wearing the 20's. Definitely more to offer in the 20th edition of the Wave Rider.

I cannot wait to get back into full time running, full time training. Wearing new shoes always gets me SUPER excited. Does it you??? So being offered the opportunity to try out the New Wave Rider 20th edition shoe, got that love for running nerve kicked into full gear. Oh Man, I cannot wait to put some true miles in these babies. I've already signed up for my first postpartum Run (well it's a triathlon relay team I will be a part of (I get to run a 10k.))









Let's take a moment to send our Congrats to Mizuno. Congratulations Mizuno on nearly two decades of refinement, The Wave Rider certainly does exceed all expectations I had!!!!







To learn more about the Newly Refined Wave Rider 20, check out http://www.fyitrack.com/?1C13389E
for the specific details...




If you have any questions specifically for me, please feel to leave a comment and I will do my best to answer to you quickly. If you are interested in reading more about the Mizuno Wave Rider 20th edition, check out the reviews online from runners of all kinds...





Thanks so much,

Brooke Myers



No comments:

Post a Comment