Friday, November 6, 2015

Flying With Love.

Music Inspires me. Does music Inspire you?


I had put my headphones on as I gazed out the tiny window from the exit row seat. I began making playlists for my yoga classes back home. I must have already been missing my students, so I thought to myself quietly. With 5 hours to spare in the sky, I had time to listen, time to think, and time to create.

I often prepare my music in a way that moves me from one song to the next. Occasionally a song will slip in the playlist that throws my teaching off rhythm, but as a teacher I have learned to adapt in order to keep the attention of my students.

Music is inspiring and motivating. So I closed my eyes as I listen to the different songs playing loudly in my ears and I began to feel the music. I questioned each and every song. I questioned its ability to move me. Could the music I was listening to make me feel alive? Could each and every song in the playlist make me feel alive?

As I arranged the different songs in some kind of order, I realized the title of the songs were speaking to me. One after the next, these words kept POPPING out at me LOUDLY!!! They are telling my story. These songs described the story of my life, my life as a bulimic. Immediately, I reached for my notebook and pen to write. I didn't stop writing until each song in my playlist described my story on paper.

I listened to each song in my playlist and wrote the only words that came out at that exact moment. I didn't have a pencil to erase or piece of paper after piece of paper to throw away. It was as if this story had been sitting inside of me and was waiting for the right moment to pour out. Sitting high in the sky on an airplane must have been the right moment.

And so here is my playlist (click the Link to connect to Spotify):
Flying With Love

And here is my story, my Playlist Story of my life: Written on my way from Kona traveling to San Fransisco. "I dedicate this Playlist to all of those who have or still continue to struggle with an Eating Disorder. May you find a path that creates healing in you, your life. May you find the love in your heart that will conquer the Eating Disorder. You are beautiful and deserve to live with love for yourself."


Flying With Love         November 6, 2015

We all begin with a CRAZY HEART that needs AWAKENING. We've carried this bucket. We CARRY WATER filled with our FLAWS. We have carried this bucket THE WAY THROUGH life. THE FLOW is filled with painful moments that we're learning to let go of. After days, months, years of PATIENTLY WAITING we begin to develop our practice. It has been A LONG TIME in the making, but we are here now: Present. Rather than waiting to receive love, we learn to GIVE LOVE and start LIVING! We didn't get here by chance, we got here by CHOICE. Through this choice we made, we learn to RISE ABOVE. We reach our hands to the sky. Our hearts wide opened. We open our eyes because there is LOVE IN MY HEART. A mantra that resonates so clearly with us now. A word revealed, a divine sound. For love will continue to be TOMORROW'S SONG and today's CLOSING MEDITATION.

Namaste ~






If you are in the Kailua Kona, Hi area please come practice with me. I would LOVE to have you..
Class Schedule listed Yoga With Brooke Myers



Just Breathe ~

Brooke Myers 

No comments:

Post a Comment