Thursday, October 4, 2018

Even The Smallest Change Adds Up!

 



Hey there Friends & Family,

For those of you who do not know me, just a quick introduction: my name is Brooke.
I have been living in Hawaii since 2006. Soon after my move to the Big Island I met Nick.
We now have two children: Whistler is 8 and Hutson almost 2. How's that for quick?

We live in Hawaii with windows wide opened year around, no air conditioner running up our electric bill. Something we have greatly taken advantage of. But all of that has recently changed soon after Kilauea's most recent eruption on May 3, of 2018. Due to the volcanic eruption, air pollution caused by the volcanic emissions from KÄ«lauea Volcano, which are primarily water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), and sulfur dioxide (SO2) gas. As SO2 has been released. How does this sound for environmentally friendly? It's not!

We refer to this hazy air pollution as "Vog". Not everyone is affected by vog the same way.
Well long story short, my family and I were greatly affected. I won't go into details as this is not what my post is all about. But I will say because of the vog we began using our air conditioner in the house (Not energy efficient at all.)  It has been quite depressing closing up our windows, but we knew we had to protect our health. We all know air conditioning isn't helping save the planet. It doesn't save on energy and most definitely does not save on cash. Due to this higher electric bill we were now facing, I began searching for other ways to cut cost in our family and I began thinking of ways I could make a change.I admit this all began with an idea to cut costs as I mentioned, however, soon into this little change it soon became more and more about making a real life change. Making a change that would have some sort of positive impact on the environment and its people. A positive impact in our family.

People all around the world are doing small things to help make a change. These people are not necessarily rich in money, but they are rich in heart and environmental issues. Maybe there is something I can do right here at home, right here in Hawaii. For instance: A couple of months ago I decided to hang my clothes on a line outdoors. Maybe not using the dryer isn't the biggest change in the world, but it is a change. I used to hang clothing out all the time and got out of the habit. Why? I don't really know, just moved in a different direction.

My goal is to make as many small changes that will eventually one day lead up to great big changes. Being diligent about how much water we use while brushing our teeth, using rainwater to water for the plants as often as we can, and using leftover water from our hydroflasks to pour on our plants rather than down the drains. Even the smallest changes add up! This is what I keep telling myself. This is what I am hearing from others who are involved in making a change. Think small steps, baby steps. Okay I can think in small steps, I thought to myself.

In making these changes I have also considered researching different types of clothing.
Instead of just buying to buy, I am going to dig a little deeper into different companies. I want to choose and work with companies that believe they can make a positive change in the world. I want to work with companies that will go the extra depth to get their hands dirty to produce and provide sustainable, versatile, and durable clothing that will support peoples adventures all around the world. I want to support clothing companies, companies in general, that will support my adventures right here in Hawaii! I want to wear clothing that will NOT negatively impact the environment. I want to see that other companies like PrAna are also trying to help give back, protect, and serve in a positive way.

Let me just ask you this: Have you heard of PrAna  If you have not and know nothing about their Sustainability Movement, will you please click on this link https://www.prana.com/about-us/sustainability.html and take a few minutes to read. Please! On behalf of PrAna and myself we would greatly appreciate your time.

Now I understand making changes is going to take more than my hanging clothes out to dry on the line, not using the air conditioner, and monitoring the amount of water we use. I get it, I really do. But like I said and like PrAna believes, even the smallest change adds up. I believe this to be true too!

I believe in and will continue to support PrAna's movement.
I choose to wear their apparel for as long as I am living. I started wearing PrAna in 2015. I remember putting on my first pair of leggings and instantly falling in love. I fell in love with the fit & feel long before I even knew or understood what this company was actually about.
There are many activities in which you can choose from as PrAna supports all kinds of adventures. Adventures such as: Yoga, Hiking, Climbing, Activewear, Travel, and Swimwear.

My most recent PrAna collection I was so kindly gifted with is not only super cozy, hence its' name,
Cozy Up Zip Up Jacket colored in equinox blue heather, but it is made from cardiff fleece, 55% hemp, 25% recycled polyester, and 20% lenzing.
I also received an even more super cozy super soft pair of Cozy Up Pants in Charcoal Heather constructed from hemp/recycled polyester blend. Oh and lets not forget my Cozy Up Sweatshirt also in equinox blue heather, also a hemp blend sweatshirt. Three pieces in which I can mix and match for different adventures like yoga ing around the Big Island, or simply snuggling my children.
PrAna seriously makes some of the softest clothing I have ever worn. Sometimes I come home and switch into my cozy up pants just because they are that cozy! Almost always you will see me wearing something from PrAna...If you are wondering what to buy me for my birthday which is just around the corner, I am giving you a hint!! Lol!!!




As I mentioned I do have two children, two very busy active children that keep me on my toes.
It is comforting to know I can throw on a pair PrAna leggings, a light an active t-shirt, flip flops, and keep up with these two as if I were just as young. For many reasons I highly rate this company as a company that serves, provides, and gives. I seriously rate everything I have purchased or been gifted from PrAna with FIVE STARS!! I would highly recommend this company to all of my family & friends!  Not only do they have excellent clothing for all adventures as I mentioned before, but they have excellent customer service too!! Quality customer service is important, would you agree?


I am so impressed with my new styles that I went back online quickly after receiving my gifts to purchase a new wardrobe! Lol!! I wish I could afford to purchase every single thing PrAna has to offer, but for now I am seriously grateful for what I do have. I am also very grateful for the opportunity to support PrAna and work with FitApproach on behalf of this years Fall Campaign 2018. Always my pleasure reviewing something I 100% support... If you have any questions for me please feel free to send me a message and if you wear PrAna I would love to hear your thoughts...

Love,
Brooke


Just a few of my collections:













For more videos & adventures -
https://www.prana.com/life/

Meet the ambassadors -
https://www.prana.com/life/ambassadors





No comments:

Post a Comment