Friday, September 2, 2016

The Bump is Ever Growing.


Happy Friday Friends!
The Bump is Ever Growing and I am flowing right along with it as it does. It has not been an easy pregnancy by any means in comparison to my first. But the Ups & Downs of this pregnancy are a part of the journey. And as we know, the journey does not stop here!

We (baby and myself) made it safely into our second trimester and out of the first. I thought there for a while I was going to find myself lying in my own mess for the remainder of this pregnancy, but odds are no longer against us. I seem to be getting around a bit more, working a whole lot more, and eating more. I wish I could say this has been one heck of a healthy pregnancy (food wise) but it hasn't been in my opinion. I started off eating eggs, broccoli, greens, grains and the fruits, but that quickly took a turn around the 6 week mark. I couldn't stand the sight of or smell of anything remotely healthy. I went through this emotional episode of feeling horrible in my mind for the choices of food I was eating, but at the same time I was just grateful to be eating something, anything!

As a fitness instructor and lover of fitness, I felt guilty for these habits I had acquired. I felt as though I was neglecting my daughter and what her needs were as far as growing & developing properly. Then to hear I had lost weight during pregnancy. What? Really?
I had never anticipated losing weight, nor would I even attempt to try, unless the Doctor had recommended it. They say, no two pregnancies are alike. Isn't that the down right truth!!!

Oddly enough, I can't even remember what week I am right now. Why was it so easy to remember every stage of my first pregnancy with Whistler, and with my second I am having such a difficult time remembering almost anything. I know I passed though week 25, I think I am almost out of week 26, so I must be headed towards week 27 of my pregnancy. I'll have to ask my Doctor when I see her next week, just to be sure! Anyone else feel like they can't keep track of their pregnancy???

I can feel baby girl moving around in there more than I could a couple of weeks ago. I truly enjoy the feels of her flutters and the push of strengths against me. We were able to get her to give her daddy and her brother a sweet little kick or maybe it was an upper cut to their cheeks. That was fun for Whistler to experience. We try and talk with her every single day in hopes that she will get to know us a little before she arrives. We don't want to scare her away from our family, so a gradual introduction should help her ease into the Nelson/Myers family. LOL...

As I mentioned, I am working a whole lot more during this pregnancy, I just received a sub-request to cover two upcoming yoga classes during September. Ha! I'll cover and teach as long as baby and I are feeling good enough to keep going. This week I have already taught my own weekly classes plus the addition of two extra days (4 classes). Let me just say, September you are not slowing down for me this month, oh no you are keeping me one busy pregnancy mommy. I do love what I get to do, so I want to continue teaching classes as long as I can before the arrival of little one. (As most of you know I have already given up running for the most part, if any running occurs these days its short and super sweet or super short and somewhat sweet! Running just hasn't felt comfortable with the amount of headaches I get and slightly uncomfortable to the belly too.) Please know I am being safe and listening to my body and my baby the best I know how.

I have had many of you who follow or know me, ask me, when I am going to go on maternity and how long will I take after baby is born. Well, I don't have the exact answers to these two questions. I can say, as I have been saying all along, that I will continue to keep doing what I am doing until I cannot do it anymore safely. I obviously want to keep the interest of my babies health first priority and if she continues to be growing & developing without any complications, then I will continue my fitness journey right along with her. And as we all know, anything can change along the way... I still have a ways to go. We still have to early December before the arrival.

And so with Whistler, I had to have a cesarean delivery (also know as a c-section) and with Hutson (our daughter to be) we will again be having a c-section. My Doctor mentioned that this time around it will be planned so we will talk about a due date in the weeks coming and make plans from there. I will know more once we have this conversation in regards to exactly when she will be here. If you are wondering why I had a c-section the first time pregnancy, here is why: ( I did not dilate past 6cm, my water never broke, I was having severe back labor and eventually Whistler's heart rate was getting to high, so the Doctor at that time called for a cesarean. I should also mention Whistler had a pretty good size head, so a vaginal delivery could have caused for some extra complications.) Now I have heard about a VBAC (a vaginal birth after a cesarean), but I strongly choose not to go that direction. If I did choose that path, I would have to find myself a new Doctor and make a trip to Oahu where they perform VBAC's. I will stay here on the Big Island and deliver at Kona Community Hospital where I have two lovely labor nurse/friends/yoga students/run partner who will hopefully be working the same night I deliver and we can all share the arrival of Hutson together. You two know who you are:)

Where did we come up with the name Hutson Leone-Lynne Nelson??? Hutson is a family name on Nick's side (it was his grandma Sivia's last name) Leone-Lynn is a combination of Nick's mothers middle name (Leone) and my mothers middle name (Lynn) and Nelson well of course belongs to Nick! No need for Myers to be a part of our children's name (that's a story in itself, for another day another time.)

I am truly enjoying the ups & downs of this pregnancy. It is a beautiful journey that I love to share with all of you. I am happily taking on more the ups these days and eating a bit more healthy too, which makes my mental state more secure. I am just looking forward to meeting Hutson. I love how much I already love her and I haven't even met her yet. Motherhood is more than I could have ever ever ever imagined or dreamed of. Oh the wonders of being a mommy of two!!!





Here is a little bit of Name Fun - Nick found for me about our children's names:

What Does Name "Whistler" Mean

To express itself, you must follow the divine law of love. You have great persistence and hate to give up. You are a good mixer, charming, magnetic and intuitive. The spirituality is the key to success.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.You find the best contentment in life when you own your own home and provide well for your family and loved ones. You have a great sense of responsibility and duty. You are comforting, appreciative and affectionate. Your obligation in life is to hold justice and truth, and if you follow the Law, you can find the great happiness and satisfaction.


What Does Name "Hutson" Mean

You attract success and money. You are a lover of nature and do not need others for your happiness. You are self sufficient. You strive for material success and power and have business sense. You possess strong organizational abilities, can be a good manager, and executive by nature. You are capable of great achievement in business and finance.Emergencies may raise your intuitive abilities in order to resolve conflict or situation. You become very creative under the pressure, and have quite original ideas to make the best out of it.You are very intuitive. You have a reservoir of inspired wisdom combined with inherited analytical ability, which could reward you through expressions of spiritual leadership, business analysis, marketing, artistic visions, and scientific research. Operating on spiritual side of your individuality can bring you to the great heights, and drop you off if you neglect your spiritual identity. You are always looking for an opportunity to investigate the unknown, to use and show your mental abilities, to find the purpose and meaning of life. You want to grow wise and to understand people and things. You need privacy to replenish your energy. You have a unique way of thinking, intuitive, reflective, absorbing.



 Thank you Readers for sharing my journey with me....If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Love Always,
Brooke

@Breathebrooke via Instagram & Twitter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment